Pongal Cheeseballs


Pongal Cheese balls is wonderful teatime snack. I must thank foodhall for this wonderful snack idea, I first tasted this pongal cheeseballs there, totally impressed with the innovation and planned to create this dish for pongal. I bet there are a lot of left overs from pongal festival creating new dishes and impressing family with new snacks is always fun try this recipe its healthy and good way to clean up all the leftovers.

All the recipes are translated and posted on Youtube Tamil too..

I'm very proud to say that this entire recipe along with video is reordered using ASUS Zenfone6. This is the first time ever I'm using a smart phone might sound silly but I've always struck with the basic model phone. The truth behind the story is I'm a very absentminded person and cant afford loosing a costly smart phone. I've lost costly phones in the past and this was a good opportunity for me to explore the smart phone for just a weeks time and then decide if I would really require a smart phone.

Being a blogger I'm always dependent on my DSLR for pics and videos. DSLR's are bulky for sure it also requires constant manual focus time consuming and stressful at times. There are times when I've wished for a pocket or smart phones for small shoots.

I was totally impressed with the 720p video recording since this is my first video there might be few flaws here and there but with time I bet I can get the phone to record according to what I want. ASUS also comes with a front and back camera options. Easy to use pics and and video setting features is apt for any blogger on the go.


What i was totally impressed was the easy to use movie editor... record video and transfer the file to the movie editor with is 5 minutes i was able to edit the movie after the shoot. The best part was I could mute the back ground voice and noise to do a voice over and record my voice on google voice recorder or the inbuilt Asus application sound recorder for the video and after the effects and voice over was able to export  the video to YouTube all of this done in a fraction. I saved at least 2 hours of my time.


Editing pics is always a pain. ASUS pic editing features are amazing from HDR to Low light pics..gifs to smart flaws removal is all done in a jiffy..I'm truly impressed with what all can be accomplished in 1 hours time. I will be posting a detail review on the phone soon.

Video Recipe Posted in English


Ingredients:
1 Cup Left over Ven Pongal
2-3 Cheese Cubes Cut into small pieces
3-4 Tbsp Maida/All purpose flour
1 Cup Bread Crumbs

For garnish Coconut chutney and coriander.

Method:
  • Remove the curry leaves few pepper corn and chilies from the pongal.
  • Mix the pongal well if there is moisture add few tbsp of bread crumbs mix well add salt if need and reserve.
  • Mix maida with little bit of water and prepare a batter.
  • Take a portion of the pongal place the cheese in the middle and cover with pongal roll into a roundel.
  • Now dip the roundel into the batter and then roll it in bread crumbs. follow this step twice.
  • Place the breaded cheeseballs in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
  • Place oil in a wok on medium flame once the oil is hot gently drop the cheese balls in oil fry a bit and gently turn with soft hands fry till golden brown drain the excess oil and reserve on a paper towel.
  • Serve the cheese balls hot with chutney...Enjoy...:)  
For Restaurant Reviews Follow me on Zomato

Please do not copy any content or pics from this Blog if any content or images required contact me via mail. copying once content is a shameless act please support me and the blogging community. thank you so much for visiting my space.

Comments