Butter Dumpligs/Benne Kadubu/Uppu Urundai
1/4 Cup Coconut grated
1 1/2 Tbsp Butter
2 Cups Water
Salt to Taste
Do watch the video demo...:)
- Boil water in a heavy bottom wok or pan add coconut and butter to the boiling water.
- Once the butter has melted and the coconut has cooked a bit add the rice and keep stirring make sure there are no lumps formed in the process. cover and allow to cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once cooked remove from flame allow to cool.
- Form equal size roundels and place in a steamer or idly cooker to steam.
- Allow the dumplings to cook for 10 minutes till firm and and soft.