To prepare this same recipe in vegetarian version please click here to visit priyasfest.com thanks to priya for a wonderful most attractive and innovative recipe idea, this chicken mug biryani is inspired, and created after priya's blog.
Recipe Demo Video...Enjoy...:)
1/2 Kilo Boneless Chicken (I used chicken breast)
1/2 Kilo Basmati Rice
2 Fist Full Mint and Coriander
10 Green Chilies
2 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Chicken Stock Cube
2 Tbsp Garam Masala Powder
1 Tbsp Chilly Powder
1/2 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tbsp Cumin Powder
3 Cardamom pods, 3 Cloves, 2 Inch Stick Cinnamon, 1/2 Tbsp Fennel Seeds.
1/2 Cup Yogurt
Salt as per taste
5 Tbsp Oil
3 Tbsp Ghee
Milk Half cup
2 Pinch Yellow color or Saffron strands
1 Cup Wheat flour
- Clean and wash the chilies add to a mixer jar to prepare paste.
- Using a mortar and pestle crush the cardamom cloves fennel and cinnamon.
- Peel was and slice the onion heat oil in a wok and fry the onion till light brown in color.
- Clean and wash the mint and coriander finely chop and reserve.
- Cut the chicken into bite size cubes wash and drain water reserve.
- Add yellow color to the milk.
- Prepare a tight dough with wheat flour and water.
- In a mixing bowl add the chicken, yogurt, crushed spice, garam masala, turmeric, chilly powder, cumin powder, ajinomoto, chicken stock cube, mint
- Heat oil and ghee in a wok add the marinated chicken and fry till the masala has cooked a bit add 2 to 3 cups water cover and allow to cook till well done.
- Boil water in a pot to cook rice add salt.
- Wash the basmati rice thrice and add to boiling water stir and allow to cook till rice is half done.
- The rice should be in breaking consistency ex:should have a bite. once the rice has cooked drain the water and reserve the rice.
- Spoon out the chicken into mug and pack the cooked rice.
- Drizzle the milk mixture.
- Roll out the dough into small roti and cover on the mug.
- Place the mugs in the oven at 180 degree for 15 to 20 minutes till well done.
- Open the dough to check if the rice has cooked once done...
Serve hot with raita and boiled eggs...enjoy...:)
I read about this recipe long time back in a magazine I guess it was cosmopolitan... don't remember my bad however I tried the recipe right after i read it on the magazine from then this has been my secret recipe...there are few changes that I've done over the years trust me this is awesomeness...:)
Do view my demo video...:)
2 Cups Full Fat Milk
1 Tsp Instant Coffee Powder
1/2 Cup Filter Coffee
2-3 Tbsp Nutella or an entire jar what say...:D
1 Tbsp Sugar (Optional)
Heavy whipping Cream (optional)
Please click here to look into filter coffee recipe.
- In a heavy bottom pot add milk and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
- Add sugar to the milk and keep whisking add nutella and keep stirring till nutella melts.
- Add coffee and stir once bring to a boil and remove from flame.
- If you have a whisk just whisk the coffee once to create froth pour into serving mugs and top with whipping cream.
As per Indian myth basil is considered to be auspicious we consider basil to be really holy in india tulsi is so secred from birth till death tulsi/basil is used in our homes...as per ayurveda tulsi has many properties the few which i know are its good for common cold flu digestion heart aliments liver related aliments and skin diseases and many more...
After all that gyan I feel hungry for more basil toast turned out really good yaar...you people need to try my side of Italian pesto converted to our style chutney I'm getting better or rather say excellent with my kitchen experiments... superb when served with hot steaming rice roti or dosa...can be stored upto 3 days in the fridge...perfect treat for winter...
Basil chutney video...:)
1 Medium Size Bell pepper
4 Green Chilies
4 Pods Garlic
2 Fist Full Basil leafs/Tulsi
1 Tsp Cumin Powder
1 Tsp Lime juice
Salt as per taste
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Pick out all the old leafs and wash the basil thoroughly before use.
- Heat a wok with oil on medium flame add the garlic chilly and fry a bit add the onion and fry till transparent.
- Add the bell pepper and fry on low flame add the almonds and walnuts and allow the bell pepper to cook a bit.
- Add the basil and fry.
- Allow all the ingredients to cool before grinding.
- Add all the ingredients to amixerjar add cumin lime juice and salt and grind with out adding any water.
Serve right away with rice or roti...enjoy...:)
- Spread a dollop of chutney on the bread slice layer with salami and cheese spread chutney over the second slice and place over a hot tava add butter and toast till both sides turn light golden in color...serve hot with cafe latte and enjoy...:)
Ginger and cardamom is know for its digestive properties in my family dad is true die hard fan of tea he loves tea so much every hour he needs a shot of tea to keep him going its a bad habit though i can never control him. winter is a best weather to enjoy creamy ginger tea. I've added my own pizazz and created chai latte just for you...such a warm post for holidays so happy to spread love around me.
Chai latte recipe demo...:)
3 Cups Water
1 Inch Piece Ginger
4-5 Tbsp Tea powder
5-6 Cardamom pods
3 Cups Milk (Full Fat)
Whipping Cream (Optional)
Sugar as per taste
- Peal the ginger and wash thoroughly before preparation.
- Using a mortar and pestle first crush the cardamom pods and reserve in a bowl. just bruise the ginger a bit and reserve in a bowl.
- Add water to a heavy bottom pot and bring to a rapid boil. add the cardamom and ginger and bring to a rapid boil for 2 minutes reduce the flame.
- Add the tea and stir allow to boil turn of the flame and cover the pot with a plate allow the tea to rest a bit.
- Bring milk to a rapid boil add sugar to the milk and keep stirring remove from flame once the sugar dissolves.
- Filter the tea into the milk directly and stir serve hot into mug topped with whipping cream.
Serve along with biscuits or cakes enjoy...:)
Kabhi kabhi mere dil mein khayaal aata hai...Ki jaise tujhko banaya gaya hai mere liye...this is my tea time song...Just singing...I know...okay...done...:P see you soon with my next blog post...:)
12.12.12 post Yo...I'm a regular online shopper shopping online is much more easy we save on petrol and time the truth I hate Bangalore traffic....must say zansaar is really a service oriented company excellent customer care team and wonderful hand picked products for your home needs...the only downside to my shopping experience they have not taken good care in packaging if its done with a little bit of care i would appreciate it...I had to splurge a bit for my blog and these are my picks...:)
Haul Video enjoy...:)
Doesn't the yellow pumpkin bowl look cute...cost price 399rs...
Zansaar has not promoted for the products all products are purchased on my own this is my review.
Do watch my video...Enjoy...:)
3-4 Green Chilies
1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Tbsp Kitchen King Masala or Garam Masala
2 Cups Bread Crumbs
1/2 Tbsp Chat Masala
1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder (optional)
1/2 Tsp Jeera Powder/Cumin Powder
3 Tbsp Fresh Mint and Coriander
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
- In a pot of room temperature water add the eggs allow the eggs to rest in the water for some time before placing on flame. add 1 tbsp salt and place the pot on the stove boil the eggs on medium flame for 10 minutes turn of the flame allow the eggs to rest in the water for 10 to 15 minutes. peel the shells and reserve the egg in a bowl. follow this method to get perfect boiled eggs.
- In a mixer jar add onion, chilly, chat masala, garam masala, jeera powder along with ginger and garlic paste with out adding water grind the ingredients to smooth paste.
- Finely Chop the mint and coriander and reserve.
- In a mixing bowl add the bread crumbs and the prepared masala grate the eggs add salt mint and coriander and mix well till well combined do not add water allow the mixture to rest for 1/2 hour before preparing.
- If the mixture is to dry and can form patties then sprinkle some milk to combine all the ingerdients.
- Take a portion of the mixture using a bamboo skewer stretch the mixture and form a seekh.
- Make sure to wet your hands before forming a kabab.
- Heat a tava on medium flame place the prepared kababs brush oil and fry the kababs till all sides turn light golden in color.
Serve hot with mint chutney, lime wedge and onion...Enjoy...:)
This is a secret recipe out of my grandmoms dairy. all in all its good for patients who are suffering from common cold and fistula. people who hate radish will surely enjoy this recipe the aroma of ghee combined with radish is so good its a simple lunch recipe do try it...:)
Do watch my demo video...enjoy...:)
2 Cups Cooked Rice
1 Bell Pepper(Optional)
1/12 Tbsp Black pepper corns crushed
2 Tbsp Ghee
2 Tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste
- Peel and chop the radish into bit size cubes.
- De-seed and chop the bell pepper into cubes.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Heat the wok on a medium flame with oil and ghee.
- Add the finely chopped onion and fry till transparent add the radish and fry a bit to cook the radish sprinkle some water cover and allow to cook.
- Once the radish has cooked add the bell peppers stir allow to cook till moisture evaporates.
- Make a well in the middle of the veggies add ghee and crushed peppercorns allow the pepper to fry a bit before mixing stir and fry the veggies till oil separates.
- Add cooked rice and mix well till the veggies have distributed evenly allow the rice to heat up a bit before serving.
Garnish with mint and coriander serve hot...enjoy...:)
I would like to dedicate this recipe to my favorite food bloggers Mrs. Nava krishanan and Mr.Fahad Khan and also friends who have been with me from the beginning first of all i would want to thank everyone who has been supporting me in my journey my friends, family, youtube subbies, facebook followers and my dearest blog followers thank you so much...♥♥♥
Do watch my recipe video...Enjoy...:)
2 Carrots (Cut into coins)
1 Cup French Beans
2 Navil kosu or Kholrabi (peeled and chopped into bite size chunks)
1 Cup Green Peas (Par boiled)
1 Potato ( Peeled and cubed)
1 Tomato (Chopped into cubes)
1 Large Onion (Sliced)
2 Cups Cauliflower (Please click the link and see how to clean the cauliflower)
Fist Full mint and coriander finely chopped
1/2 Lime Juice
1 1/2 Cups Coconut Milk
3 Tbsp Oil
2 Tbsp Ghee
Salt as per taste
1 Bay leaf
3-4 Cardamom pods
1 Inch Stick Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
1 Tbsp Coriander powder
For the green chilly masala paste:
1 Inch Ginger
10-12 Pods Garlic
8-10 Green Chilies
1/2 Bay leaf
1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Corns
3 Cardamom Pods
1 Inch Stick Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Fennel Seeds
2 Tbsp Oil
To prepare the masala paste:
- Heat a fry pan add oil on medium flame fry all the the above mentioned ingredients for masala upto 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from flame and allow to cool before adding to a mixer jar.
- Grind the ingredients into smooth paste with out adding water.
- On a medium flame place a heavy bottom pot or handi with oil and ghee.
- Add onion and whole spices and fry till the onion turns transparent.
- Add the tomato and the chilly masala paste and fry make sure the masala has cooked enough and the oil separates.
- First of all add the carrots, beans and Navil kosu and coarse salt and fry a bit add enough water and place the lid.
- Once the carrots beans and navil kosu are par boiled add the potato and stir allow to cook well.
- Add the cauliflower and peas add water if needed stir and cover allow the veg to cook well.
- Once all the veggies are soft and tender add the coconut milk and stir allow to boil till the raw flavor from the coconut milk has reduced.
- Garnish with lime juice mint and coriander.
Serve hot with steamed rice or chapathi...Enjoy...:)
Its birthday time @ shankars residence. we don't plan much for birthdays its on a very low key this time of the year dad was feeling bit low I wanted to cheer him up with truffles and black forest trifle he has been a good boy maintaining his diet watching out for his sugars and kept him self fit as possible since his sugars runs low it was okay for him to indulge in some sugary treats did not plan on baking a huge cake but these shot glass treats made it look so fancy and cute all things sweet and cute packed with love comes in small packages...:D
I did the most horrible pipping not an expert in that area more to say patience is not my virtue...lol...but the consistency of double whip cream was super.
Do watch the video demo ...enjoy...:)
1/2 Liter Milk
2 1/2 Tbsp Coco powder
200 Grams Nutella Jar
2 Tbsp Corn Flour
4-5 Tbsp Sugar
1 Cup Maraschino Cheery
1/3 Cup Cherry Brandy Optional
1/3 Cup Sugar Syrup
4 Nutella Mug Cakes for recipe please Click here.
500 Grams Heavy Whipping Cream
There is a constant question asked how i whip the heavy whipping cream. i never follow the guide lines given by chefs...this is a sure short cut method try it out if your a first timer i must warn you this method can turn totally wrong if you whip the cream too much it can turn into butter in no time please make sure you constantly check the cream if its formed stiff peaks or not.
- Use a steel bowl.
- Freeze the bowl and the whipping blades.
- Make sure the heavy whipping cream is frozen too.
- Add the whipping cream to the bowl and whip on low first then turn to high mode and whip for 10 to 15 minutes till stiff peaks form.
- Chop the maraschino cherry and reserve in a bowl soak the chopped cherry with sugar syrup and cherry brandy for at-least 1 hour. adding cherry brandy to the dessert is traditional if you want to avoid the brandy please do it...my self on the other hand avoided adding sugar syrup and brandy keeping my dads sugars in mind...:P
- Mix together the cornflour and coco powder with enough water till there are no lumps.
- Bring the milk to a rapid boil lower the flame.add the sugar and stir. gently keep stirring and pour the coco mixture keep stirring till the milk thickens and form a custard consistency remove from flame and strain using a sieve make sure there are no lumps in the custard allow to cool a bit.
- When the custard is lukewarm add the entire jar of nutella and mix well till well combined cover and place in the fridge till chill.
- Prepare the nutella cake allow to cool crumble and reserve in a bowl.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream and place into a pipping bag.
- In a serving glass or bowl add the chilled custard to the bottom fill till 1/3 level add the crumble cake in the next layer spoon out the cherry and finally top with the whipping cream and decorate with a cherry.
Cool Cool Daddy Cool...I think mommy cool since she clicked the pic sitting on a sofa...:D
Feast at Sheraton Grand Bengaluru Hotel, Brigade Gateway is featuring Malaysian Food Festival till Feb 25th 2018. I was hosted by Sherat...
This recipe can be altered and served in 2 different variations when we combine the masala with the liver it can be reduced a bit and se...
Donne Biryani was originally created by the weaving community in southindia. The recipe I have posted is simple easy to find ingredient...